STEPS IN ESTABLISHING SPECIAL SERVICES OF THE REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
• 1991, September 9 - by RM Presidential Decree no. 196 the State Security Committee of the Republic of Moldova is dissolved, and on its basis the Ministry of National Security of the Republic of Moldova is created.
• 1991, September 16 - The Government of Moldova approved the MNS basic functions and structure, and guarding the state border is one of the power of the Ministry of National Security.
• 1992, April 6 - MNS approved the RM MNS Regulation.
• 1993, August 11 - by RM Presidential Decree no. 125 on the Counterespionage Directorate, the Counterespionage Directorate from the Ministry of Defence is transferred to the Ministry of National Security and is directly subordinated to the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces.
• 1995, October 31 - the Moldovan Parliament adopts Laws on state security and state security bodies, which are promulgated on 31 January 1997 by the President of the Republic of Moldova.
• 1997, September 9 - on occasion of commemorating six years since the creation of the RM MSN, a presidential decree institutes the Professional Day - the Day of state security workers.
• 1999, November 16 - the Law of the Republic of Moldova no. 676-XIV reorganized the Ministry of National Security into the Security and Intelligence Service (SIS) of Moldova, a body specialized in state security.
• 1999, December 23 - The Parliament of the Republic of Moldova adopted the Law no. 753-XIV on Security and Intelligence Service of the Republic of Moldova, establishing the main tasks and competences of the institution.
• 2000, January 18 - the RM Department of Border Guards is withdrawn from the composition of SIS and reorganized into a public authority.
• 2002, September 10 - through RM Government Decision no. 1192, within the Service, on the basis of SIS Training Centre, the National Institute of Intelligence and Security is established as an institution of higher education.
• 2005, July 22 - by Law no.177-XVI on amending Law no. 753 - XIV of 23 December 1999 on the Security and Intelligence Serviceof Moldova, the Service's competences were provided in a new edition, ruling out the competence of carrying out the criminal prosecution.
• 2006, November 13 - based on RM Government Decision no.1295 the Antiterrorist Centre of Security and Intelligence Service of the Republic of Moldova is created, the body tasked with managing, coordinating and implementing measures to combat terrorism.
• 2007, July 19 - Moldovan Parliament approved the Law no. 170 on the status of security and intelligence officer.
• 2009, February 10 - the RM Government Decision no. 124, the National Institute of Intelligence and Security is given the name "Bogdan, Founder of Moldova".
• 2010, February 13 - through the RM Governmental Decision no. 84 on the transfer of a state enterprise, the Centre for Special Telecommunications (CST) passes from the management of Security and Intelligence Service of the Republic of Moldova to the management of State Chancellery(CTS was created in subordination of SIS on 11 June 2002 - though the Government of the Republic Moldova no. 735 on special telecommunication systems of Moldova - in order to protect important information of the state, create, manage and ensure the operation and development of special national telecommunication systems).